The CRANE project is funded for 2yrs through Erasmus+ strategic partners for adult education.
The project partners are:
Italy: DINAMICA, An adult vocational training and education centre providing professional training and technical and economic assistance. DYNAMIC is the project coordinator
UK: The Rural Centre, a community organisation promoting social and economic initiatives through EU projects, partnerships and training.
Spain: DEFOIN, providing training for unemployed for integration into the labour market and specify occupational training across
all sectors for those already employed.
Malta: Genista Research Foundation providing intercultural & social work with minority groups, Consultancy for SMEs, Education providing training on sustainable development and management of Genista nature reserve.
The aim of the project is to provide farmers involved in multifunctional farms with the skills and competencies required to fulfill their role of promoting and informing people about agriculture through non formal education.
Farmer are the leaders of a slow but inexorable transformation of farms from food production to multifunctional farms linking rural and urban through:
– Education & Training: promoting sustainability, protection of environmental heritage, training through schools, social farms, social inclusion of disadvantaged people
– Events & Activities: outdoor leisure activities, meeting facilities, workshops, entertainment, healthcare
– Hospitality: rural tourism, for individuals and groups, farm hospitality
The project will:
- Identify the types of Multi Functional Farms in each region
- Set up a focus group of 40 farmers in each region to explore why they became involved in multifunctional farming, what support they received and what other support they need to develop
- Carry out research to identify the framers competencies and training needs
- Share existing educational tools and training methods throughout the four partner regions
- Create a common model of training specifically developed for the farmer
- Test and develop the training modules throughout the project term
- Compile the final training into an e-book to be shared to improve training and promote the development of Multifunctional farms
Italy: 18 & 19 December 2016
Malta: 31 January 3 February 2018
Spain: 17 – 21 September 2018
Italy: 21 – 25 October 2017 (5 days for 12 participants. Training for trainers)
Northern Ireland: 14 – 18 May 2018 (5 days for 16 participants including farmers)