The CRANE project is funded for 2yrs through Erasmus+ strategic
partners for adult education:
KA2 – Cooperation for innovation and
the exchange of good practices 2016-1-IT02-KA204-024381
The project partners are:
Italy: DINAMICA, An adult vocational training and education centre providing professional training and technical and economic assistance. DYNAMIC is the project coordinator
Contact: Santina Ruccolo or Carla Cavallini
UK: The Rural Centre, a community organisation promoting social and economic initiatives through EU projects, partnerships and training. The Rural Centre collaborates locally with Rural Support. Contact: Heather McLaughlin
Malta: Genista Research Foundation providing intercultural & social work with minority groups, Consultancy for SMEs, Education providing training on sustainable development and management of Genista nature reserve.
Contact: Dr Mark Causon
The aim of the project is to provide farmers involved in multifunctional farms with the skills and competencies required to fulfill their role of promoting and informing people about agriculture through non formal education.
The project will use the experiences of farmers across the partner regions who offer services/ activities to develop training to provide farmers with the necessary skills to develop or improve these services/ activities on their farms.
Farmer are the leaders of a slow but inexorable transformation of farms from food production to multifunctional farms linking rural and urban through:
– Education & Training: promoting sustainability, protection of environmental heritage, training through schools, social farms, social inclusion of disadvantaged people
– Events & Activities: outdoor leisure activities, meeting facilities, workshops, entertainment, healthcare
– Hospitality: rural tourism, for individuals and groups, farm hospitality
The project will:
- Identify the types of Multi Functional Farms in each region
- Set up a focus group of 40 farmers in each region to explore why they became involved in multifunctional farming, what support they received and what other support they need to develop
- Carry out research to identify the framers competencies and training needs
- Share existing educational tools and training methods throughout the four partner regions
- Create a common model of training specifically developed for the farmer
- Test and develop the training modules throughout the project term
- Compile the final training into an e-book to be shared to improve training and promote the development of Multifunctional farms